Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Laser tattoo removal

When I first decided to remove my tattoo on the top of my foot I searched the internet for hours looking for any personal accounts of what to expect. I was disappointed to find very little information.
I finally decided to go ahead with laser tattoo removal on March 22nd. I have tried to take photographs each day to show how the healing process progressed for me.
Beware, the pictures are not pretty.
And unfortunately I don't have a picture of the tattoo before I started the process.

The first treatment itself wasn't so bad. The place I had it done did a great job at numbing the area with ice beforehand. I left there thinking, wow, this was so much easier than I thought it would be. Little did I know that five minutes after leaving I would be dying. Okay, maybe not dying, but it felt like my foot was in an oven and I couldn't take it out. It reminded me of when I had braces put on my teeth as a child and was left wondering when the pain would go away. Fortunately for me the pain only lasted about 2 and a half hours, instead of 4 days like it did with the braces.
After the initial pain subsided, it just felt tender like a bruise for several days. I did swell quite a bit in the beginning, but I also swelled when I got the tattoo. The fluid in my foot made it a little difficult to walk.

This is how my foot looked 24 Hours after the first treatment. Not so bad, or so I thought ;) The tattoo is already significantly lighter than it was.

The red on my foot is from the damage from the laser and not the tattoo ink.














No comments: